Meaningful learning experiences can happen from anywhere. Create a supportive home learning environment for your students when emergencies (such as the Corona Virus COVID-19) prevent them from coming to school. Please view more resources for administrators, teachers and families here.
If you have a subscription to Seesaw for Schools your school administrator will need to turn on this feature. Please contact your school administrators (Principal, Technology Coordinator, etc.) directly. Please check out how Administrators can support remote learning here.
Please find our FAQ for Remote Learning here. Most questions about remote learning can be found in this document.
The best way for students to access the Class App from home is with individual home learning codes. Home learning codes allow students to sign in to Seesaw, view their journal, add posts, complete activities they’ve been assigned, and receive class announcements from their teachers. Students do not see the work of other students in the class.
If students are using tablet or phone devices for home learning, they will need to download the Seesaw Class App onto their device. If they already have the class app on a home device, they will need to UPDATE the app for home learning codes to work. Student can also access the latest version of Seesaw from any computer at app.seesaw.me
Teachers can access these codes with the instructions below:
- Sign in as a teacher from the WEB and tap the wrench icon. Home Learning codes can only be generated from a computer.
- Tap ‘Home Learning Student Codes’.
- Print or Download codes to distribute to students. Each student will have a unique QR code and a 12-letter text code available as a PDF (one page per student) or CSV (by class or for all students taught by a teacher) that is valid for 90 days. Teachers can get a new code at any time.
- You do not need to change your class sign in mode.
Once signed in, a student will stay signed in for up to one year until they sign out. If a student code is compromised, you can reset the code for the student or the entire class under the wrench icon>Home Learning Codes.
Students can sign in with Home Learning codes with the instructions below:
- If students are using tablet or phone devices for home learning, they will need to download the Seesaw Class App onto their device. If they already have the class app on a home device, they will need to UPDATE the app for home learning codes to work. Student can also access the latest version of Seesaw from any computer at app.seesaw.me
- Go to the Seesaw Class app or app.seesaw.me and select ‘I am a student’.
- Type in the 12 digit text code or scan the individualized QR code.
If students are already using their email addresses to sign into Seesaw, they can continue to do so from home. To ensure student work remains private at home, make sure to tap the wrench icon in your teacher account and toggle 'students can see each other's work' OFF. This way students can only access their own posts and are unable to look at other student work.
In order to complete activities at home and post student work, families need access to the Class App or they will need to log in as a student from app.seesaw.me from a computer. Families can use the Family App to view their child’s work and announcements sent by the teacher. Family accounts cannot respond to Activities or post directly to a student journal.
If students are logging in with an email address or are using the Home Learning Code sign in method, they can toggle in and out of their rostered classes like a teacher can. Students need to tap their profile icon > gear icon > then select the correct class. Students will need to sign out if multiple users are sharing a device.
If students are logging in with a shared devices QR code, to access a second class they will need to sign OUT before signing IN with a different QR code.