👤 Audience: Seesaw for Schools Administrators
Seesaw gives students the tools they need to access meaningful learning experiences anywhere they sign in to Seesaw. When school has to close unexpectedly, teachers and students have what they need to keep learning going.
The best way for students to sign in to the Class app at home is with Home Learning Codes. Created specifically for home learning, codes are unique to each student and protect privacy while students learn from home.
💡 Good to know!
- You do not need to change your school’s sign in mode.
- Enable teachers to get codes: Toggle ON ‘Let Teachers Get Codes’.
- Once signed in with a Home Learning Code, students stay signed in for a year.
- Students using email sign on can continue to do so from home. If students are using email sign in at home, please make sure your IP range allows students to complete assignments at home. Learn more here.
- On a computer, sign in to your Seesaw for Schools administrator account.
- From the Overview tab of your School Dashboard, go to Admin Tools (lower right hand) and click Get Home Learning Student Codes.
- Follow the instructions in the pop up.
- From here, you can also toggle on a setting that will allow teachers to access these codes.
- You will receive an email with a secure link to download a CSV.
- Share codes with students and families, making sure each receives only their code. You can distribute in whatever method you think is best!
- Support students to sign in by sharing this ‘Sign in with a code’ video.
Alternatively, you can do this on a class by class basis in the 'class settings' section of the Class tab on the admin dashboard. See how teachers can change these settings with the instructions here.
If you need to reset a code, tap the Class tab > Class Settings > Home Learning Code. From there you can reset a code for an entire class or an individual student.
With Seesaw for Schools, students only need one Home Learning Code to access all of their classes.
comments from the teacher. The only thing they cannot do when they sign in with Home Learning Codes is see or comment on each other’s work. This is to protect privacy while students are at home.
typing the text code correctly and/or holding the QR code far enough away so the entire code is scanned.