My student signs into Seesaw with a QR code or email
Students can reset their passwords here: https://app.seesaw.me/#/reset_password or by clicking the Forgot Password button. The email may take several minutes to arrive. Students should check their spam folders if they don't receive the email.
If students do not have access to their email inbox, teachers can change their password for them:
- Sign in to your teacher account.
- Tap the wrench icon (top right).
- Tap 'Manage Students'.
- Select the student.
- Tap 'Change Student Password'.
- Enter a new password and click the change password button to confirm.
Whenever a student's password is changed by a teacher, all teachers in that class will be notified.
My student signs into Seesaw with a Google account
If the student's email address is associated with a Google Account (because they chose Sign in with Google when creating their account) and they do not remember their Google password, they must reset their password with Google here: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/41078?hl=en
My student signs into Seesaw with a Clever or ClassLink account
If the student's email address is associated with a Clever or ClassLink Account and they do not remember their Clever/ClassLink password, they must reset their password with Clever/ClassLink. Please contact your Seesaw for Schools administrator to change their password.
Changing student passwords with the CSV Bulk Edit tool
Here's how admin can change student passwords in bulk from the school dashboard:
- Navigate to the Students tab
- Tap the ‘Add or Edit Students in Bulk’ button
- Select ‘Edit Existing Students’
- Download your existing student data
- Open your CSV as a spreadsheet
- Add a column with the header “Student Password”
- Add the new student passwords in this column (8 characters minimum)
- Export your edited file as a .csv
- Upload the .csv in the Bulk Edit Students tool