Seesaw Admin's can send text and multimedia announcements in a school from the School Dashboard via Messages. Announcements are helpful for scenarios such as reminders to families about school wide events.
Admins can select the audience for announcements: students, teachers, and/or families in some or all classes in a school.
Students, Teachers, and Families receive notifications and can view Announcements in their Messages.
To create a Schoolwide Announcement:
- Go to Messages and tap Create New. Select New Announcement from the dropdown.
- Select Audience for the Announcement by tapping on Add Classes.
- Select Teachers, Family Members, and/or Students by tapping the box next to each audience.
- Select Classes by tapping the box next to each class.
- Announcements can be sent to All Classes or you can customize the grade level and individual classes the announcement will be sent to:
- Once the Audience is selected, tap the Add Selected button.
- Compose the Announcement message in the text box.
- Multimedia attachments can be added to the Announcement by tapping +Add Attachment to access Creative Tools.
- When you're done creating your Announcement, tap the Send Now button.