Messages allows for ongoing communication with teachers, administrators, and your student/s that builds a positive environment to support student learning, with trust and safety in mind.
Based on how your child's school is configured, family members can send messages to teachers, admins, and family members connected to the same student, and can message multiple people in the same conversation (such as two family members or other co-teachers).
1. Sign into your account via the Seesaw App.
2. Tap Messages at the top of your screen.
3. Tap the pencil icon to create a new conversation.
4. In the new conversation, search for the person you would like to message.
5. Type your message. When ready, tap Send in the bottom right corner.
Messages are available at the top of the Seesaw app.
Filter by message type by selecting Announcements or Messages from Message Types in the All Messages dropdown.
Filter messages by class by selecting Classes in the All Messages dropdown.
To reply to a Conversation, In your Messages view, type your reply in the text box of the Conversation.
Announcements will have a megaphone symbol next to it. To reply to an Announcement, tap on the ... in the bottom right of the Announcement (or "press and hold" on mobile) and type your reply.
Note: If you reply to an Announcement, your reply will be private to the Teacher or Admin who sent the Announcement.
- Teachers use Messages to send Announcements and reminders to families.
- Group chat with a student and family member to discuss student progress.
- Connect groups of students to facilitate discussion or group work.
Translation is now available in 101 languages in Messages! If a message is written in a language that is different from your device's preset language, a View Translation option will appear below the message.
Check out our Messages Quick Start Guides!