How does Messages Work?
In Messages, students can
- Directly message their teacher with questions
- Participate in group chats started by their teacher
- Participate in discussions with their family and teachers.
To be able to access Messages, students
- must not be on a shared device
- need 1:1 login or Home Learning code to use Messages.
How do Students create a new message?
- Open Seesaw and sign in.
- Tap the Messages icon.
- Tap Create New Conversation to start a message with your teacher OR type your reply to an existing message.
- Add an attachment such as a picture or video by tapping the green +Add button
- Tap Send to send your message.
What do Teachers use Messages for?
- Teachers use Messages to send Announcements and reminders to families.
- Group chat with a student and family member to discuss student progress.
- Connect groups of students to facilitate discussion or group work.