Here are some tips for wrapping up the school year with Seesaw.
If you’re part of a Seesaw for Schools plan:
Your Seesaw administrator will take care of everything for you, including:
- Archiving your classes from this year
- Setting up next year’s classes
All the activities you’ve created this year will remain in your Activity Library.
To avoid any issues, make sure you:
- Don’t delete or archive your class: Your admin will take care of this for you.
- Don’t delete students or student work: Each student’s portfolio will follow them into the next year — one of the perks of Seesaw for Schools!
- Don’t turn off family access: Seesaw for Schools allows families to see their child’s learning from previous years, even if your class is archived.
If you’re part of a free Seesaw plan:
Wrap up your school year in 2 easy steps:
- Step 1: Archive your class
- In class settings (the wrench icon), scroll to the bottom and tap 'Archive Class.' Repeat for all classes. (Learn more)
- Step 2: Families download journals
- Remember, with a free plan, Seesaw journals do not follow students year over year.
- Connected family members can download a .zip archive of their child’s work. Get step-by-step instructions on how to download and archive student work here.
- When you archive your class, Seesaw emails families with instructions on how to download their student’s work.
- Next school year: Create a new Seesaw class
Create a Seesaw class, add students, and connect families! Learn how to create more classes.