Below are steps that Teachers can follow for wrapping up the school year with Seesaw.
If you're part of a Seesaw for Schools plan
✅ Your Seesaw administrator will take care of everything for you, including:
- Archiving your classes from this year
- Setting up next year’s classes
- All the activities you’ve created this year will remain in your Activity Library.
❌ To avoid any issues, make sure you:
- Don’t delete or archive your class: Your admin will take care of this for you.
- Don’t delete students or student work: Each student’s portfolio will follow them into the next year — one of the perks of Seesaw for Schools!
- Don’t turn off family access: Seesaw for Schools allows families to see their child’s learning from previous years, even if your class is archived.
If you're leaving your school's Seesaw for Schools plan
If you would like to continue using your existing account in Free Seesaw, your school administrator will first need to remove your account from the school dashboard. Please contact your school administrator directly to complete this task.
- Note: If your district has rostered with Clever/Classlink, the Clever/Classlink ID needs to be removed from your teacher account as well. Please request that your administrator contacts Seesaw Support to make this change before removing your account from the school dashboard.
Once your account has been removed from the school dashboard, you may change your email address to a personal email address.
- Note: School data will remain with the school dashboard and will not be released to Free Seesaw. For complete information on what happens during this transition, please click here.
- If you would like to start using Free Seesaw with a new account and email address, you may create a new Seesaw account here.
If you're part of a free Seesaw plan
Wrap up your school year in 2 easy steps:
Archive your class
In class settings (the wrench icon), scroll to the bottom and tap 'Archive Class.' Repeat for all classes. (Learn more)
Families download journals
- Remember, with a free plan, Seesaw journals do not follow students year over year.
- Connected family members can download a .zip archive of their child’s work. Get step-by-step instructions on how to download and archive student work here.
- When you archive your class, Seesaw emails families with instructions on how to download their student’s work.
- Next school year: Create a new Seesaw class, add students, and connect families! Learn how to create more classes.
- In class settings (the wrench icon), scroll to the bottom and tap 'Archive Class.' Repeat for all classes. (Learn more)