Formative Assessment allows students to use all of Seesaw’s expressive multimedia creative tools and answer formative assessment questions in the same interface. Options include intuitive Drag & Drop format for younger learners and a multiple choice question format for 3-5th grade students. Practice Mode gives students real-time feedback as they work to correct misconceptions and reinforce learning.
💡 New to Formative Assessment? Start with our Formative Assessment overview.
- When students complete an activity in Seesaw, they will answer formative assessment questions along with the rest of the assignment, which can include recording their voice, making a video, taking a photo, making a drawing, and more!
- Depending on the feedback mode setting selected by their teacher, students might receive feedback in real time if their response is correct or incorrect.
Students see a Check Work option, which allows them to validate if they are on the right track, provides hits in real time, and keeps track of their attempts.
- Students do not see correctness feedback while working.
- Responses are recorded and results are shown to teachers.
- After student work is approved by teachers, students and their family members see the results.