Office Hours gives teachers the option to set when they are available and have all notifications muted outside of those times. Family members or students who want to send a message outside of office hours will see a banner in the messaging thread, notifying them that it is outside of the teacher’s office hours.
- Teachers and admins can set office hours by going to Account Settings → Notifications → Office Hours.
- To set your office hours, select the days and times where you want to receive notifications. Tap Save Office Hours button.
- To edit or remove your office hours, go to Account Settings → Notifications → Office Hours and edit or remove existing office hours.
- Outside of office hours, all app notifications (including non-Messaging notifications) from Seesaw will be muted.
- Teachers will not receive push, app badge, or SMS notifications outside of office hours.
- Email notifications will still be sent outside of office hours.
- If teachers open Seesaw outside of office hours, their notifications within Seesaw will be accurate (ex. Messages badge count, Notifications badge count).
- During office hours, all app notifications from Seesaw will be delivered as normal.
- In 1:1 or group conversation threads with their teacher, families will see a banner that indicates it is outside of the teacher’s office hours.
- Families can still choose to send messages to the teacher outside of their office hours (but teachers will not be notified).
Which notifications will be muted outside of office hours? All push, app badge (red dot), and SMS notifications will be muted outside of office hours. Email notifications will continue to send outside of office hours.
Can Seesaw Basic teachers set office hours? Yes. Office hours is available for all teachers and admins.
How does office hours work with time zones? Office hours will be set according to the time zone of the teacher or admin who set the office hours.