The best way for students to add posts in Seesaw is by responding to an activity. The Seesaw Activity Library is full of activities created by teachers to inspire student work, and allows students to showcase their work using photos, videos, drawings, notes, projects they've created in other apps, and more! As a teacher, you can also create your own activities.
Check out how to assign an activity to your students and have students respond here.
Students and teachers can post directly to the student journal. If 'new items require approval' is enabled, student posts go to the teacher for approval.
1. After selecting the Journal tab, tap the green +Add button, then either Post to Student Journal (students) or Post Student Work (teachers).
2. Choose the type of post you'd like to add.
3. Create your post. Edit your post to add voice recordings, drawings, text labels, or captions.
If a student accidentally closes their Seesaw app or browser window, Seesaw will save a copy of their work on their device or computer. When they open Seesaw again on the same device or computer, Seesaw will recover the work and the student can continue working where they left off.
For their work to be uploaded to their portfolio and visible to teachers and family members, students should still tap Draft (Seesaw for Schools) or the green check to submit their post (see step 4).
4. Tap the Draft button (Seesaw for Schools) or the green check to complete your post!
5. Teachers can also choose to pin a post to the top of the journal feed. A pinned journal post will be seen first by students and families when they select the Journal tab. To pin a post to the journal feed, teachers can tap the [...] button on a post, then Pin to Top.
Teachers can unpin a post from the Journal feed at any time by tapping the [...] button on a post, then Unpin Post.