- Whitelist *.seesaw.me. In other words, whitelist all domains that end with seesaw.me.
- Whitelist localhost
- Make sure port 443 (SSL) is open. If you can sign in as a teacher, tap the green Add button, then upload a post to a student journal, this is working.
- Turn off scanning for traffic to *.seesaw.me. For security, Seesaw exclusively uses SSL / HTTPS. Some network filters that "inspect" traffic don't like secure connections, so you may have to turn off scanning for traffic to *.seesaw.me.
- Add *@seesaw.me and IP addresses 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206 to your email whitelist so you can receive notification emails from Seesaw.
If you don't have network filters in place or have already whitelisted *.seesaw.me, please perform the network test below to verify where the issue might be.
- School wi-fi vs. home wi-fi: Try signing in and adding a post on your home wi-fi network instead. If your home network works but your school network doesn't, your school network is probably blocking Seesaw. Follow the instructions above to fix that.
- Cell network vs school wi-fi: Turn off wi-fi on the device and using 3G cellular network instead. Try signing in and adding a post.If your cell network works but your school network doesn't, your school network is probably blocking Seesaw. Follow the instructions above to fix that.
- Mobile device vs computer: Try signing into your Seesaw account on the web. If your computer works, but not the mobile device, can you confirm that both are on the same school network? Do both devices have the same security settings? You might want to consult your tech team.
If you don't have network filters in place and you have already whitelisted *.seesaw.me, please send a network diagnostic report to Seesaw using the steps below.
- Log out of Seesaw.
- On the app sign in screen, press down on the word "Seesaw" (in the script font) for 5 seconds. This will pop up a network diagnostic tool.
- Tap "Network Diagnostics" and then email the report to email@example.com.
- https://app.seesaw.me in Chrome browser.
- Click the lock icon next to the URL at the top of page.
Alternatively, you can go to: chrome://settings/content/siteDetails?site=https%3A%2F%2Fapp.seesaw.me and adjust permissions for the Seesaw site.
If you're having trouble getting permissions to stick for just Seesaw, make sure the global permissions for the browser are set appropriately,
If you are seeing a message that says "Your network, firewall, browser settings, or device is blocking some parts of Seesaw from loading. The following files are experiencing errors: shared-ext.bundle.js, app-ext.bundle.js, app.bundle.js." here's how to resolve this issue:
- Close out of Seesaw in all browser tabs
- Clear your browser cache from the past 7 days.
On Mac: Click Chrome > Clear Browser Data > Clear Cached Images and Files from the past 7 days.
On Chromebook: Click the [...] button in the top left > Click More tools and then Clear browsing data > Clear Cached Images and Files from the past 7 days.
- Go to https://app.seesaw.me again to reload the site.
- If you still cannot load Seesaw, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot of any errors in the Developer Tools > Console tab. To get this information, right click on the screen. Choose "Developer Tools", click into the console tab, then take a screenshot of the errors.