Adding students to your class is easy! Just follow the instructions below based on the age of your students and the tech setup in your class.
If you’ve chosen Pre K-3 or ‘other’ when creating your Seesaw class you will need to add student names to your class. Follow the steps below to add students to your class.
1. Tap the + Students button at the bottom right of your screen.
2. Tap Add Students.
3. If you select no, then choose if your students use shared devices or 1:1 devices in your classroom. If you select yes, follow the directions to add your students via email/Google in the section titled Grades 4+ (Email/Google Account Sign In).
4. Add your students to your class by typing in their names or pasting a list of names. Tap the green Check when complete.
If you add more students to your Google Classroom, you can always re-sync Google Classroom. Tap the wrench icon, then tap ‘import from Google Classroom’.
If your students are using email/Google accounts to sign in to Seesaw (this was automatically selected for your if your class is Grades 4+), you do NOT need to add students to your class list. Students can join your class themselves the first time they use Seesaw.
Get the Student Code for your class by signing in to Seesaw with your teacher account, tapping the + Students button (bottom right), and copying your class text code. Share this code with your students.
To join your class, students will:
1. Open the Seesaw App or go to http://app.seesaw.me on a Chrome or Firefox browser
2. Tap I’m a Student.
3. Insert the class code in the text code field and tap go.
4. Tap Create Email Account or Use Google Account.
5. Create their account and connect to your class.
Students only need to use the Student Code to join your class once. After they enter the Class Code for the first time, they will stay connected to your class and will just need to sign in to Seesaw with their email address or Google account to access it.
Seesaw for Schools teachers can add students who are already in their School Directory to their classes.
To access the School Directory, tap the wrench icon at the top right and go to Manage Students.
- Tap the Add Students button
- Alternatively, you can tap + Students.
- You will now be able to search students in your school by name, email address, or student ID and add them to your class!
If you are trying to add a student but do not find them in the school directory, you can create a student.
- Tap Create a New Student.
- Please note that if there are students who come up in your search but do not match the student you are looking for, you will need to scroll to the bottom of the list to find the Create a New Student button.
Once you tap Create a New Student, you will be prompted to create a new student.
- Enter student first name.
- Enter student last name.
- Enter Student ID. If your school does not use Student IDs, enter something that makes sense to you, such as the student first name/last name.
- Enter the student sign in method.
- Tap Create New Student.