👤 Audience: Seesaw Administrators
Confirm your third-party app settings for Seesaw by October 23, 2023 in the Google Admin Console.
What do I need to do?
If your students use Google to sign in to Seesaw, Admins must mark Seesaw as a trusted app between now and October 23, 2023 to avoid disruption in accessing Seesaw.
Steps to confirm third-party app settings
Google provides a guided experience for super admins and admins with the Security privilege.
- Get started with the guided experience here.
- Click Continue to view the first step.
- Confirm settings for unconfigured third-party apps.
- Choose the Allow users to access third-party apps that only ask for Google sign in info option.
- Click Next.
- Confirm settings for configured third party apps.
- Review the apps and their settings in the Access (for top-leel org unit) column.
- Click Add app > Auth App Name or Client ID > search for Seesaw.
- Confirm Seesaw is set to Trust.
- Review the confirmation details, then click Confirm.
What happens if we do not approve access for third-party apps?
Beginning October 23, 2023, users designated as under 18 will NOT be able to access Seesaw. The below errors will occur in Seesaw when a user tries to sign in via Google.
- Error 400: access_not_configured - received when an OAuth connection is rejected because your app has not been configured.
- Error 400: admin_policy_enforced - received when an OAuth connection is rejected because the administrator has blocked your application.
Please view the below resources from Google's Help Center for more information.
- Confirm your third-party app settings by October 23, 2023
- Manage access to unconfigured third-party apps for users designated as under 18
- Google Workspace for Education Admin Console: How to review existing configured apps
- Third-party app access enhancements for Google Workspace for Education