It's easy for Administrators and Teachers to browse student portfolios as they grow over time!
- Sign in to Seesaw as an Admin.
- Tap on the Students Tab.
- Search by Student Name or Student ID to locate the student you want to view.
- Tap on the Student's Name.
This will direct you to a page with a list of the Student’s classes. Use the filters on the right-hand side to view the student’s portfolio. Please note: the classes listed on the right-hand side will only display active and archived classes the student is currently enrolled in. If a student was removed from a class, their posts will be connected to their account, but you will need to scroll through the feed to find them.
- Sign in as an Administrator.
- Tap the Gear Icon (right-hand side).
- Turn Teacher Access to Portfolio History ON. Teachers only have access to the data of students they currently teach.
You can now browse the prior years' portfolios of your new incoming students on the Seesaw website. Using this information, we can help our students pick up right where they left off last year.
To view past years' portfolios, please:
- Sign in as a teacher at https://app.seesaw.me.
- Tap on your profile icon (top left).
- Tap on Schoolwide Portfolios.
You will only have access to your current students’ portfolios. Please note this data is view only and not editable.
Students who have an email address, Clever ID, or Google Sign-on or are logging in with a Home Learning Code can see their past work on the web. This view does not include access to posts in classes the student is no longer enrolled in.
To view past work as a student:
- Sign in as a student at https://app.seesaw.me
- Tap your profile icon (top left).
- Tap Past Work.
Similar to the tools for admins and families, students can filter their past work by class or folder. They can also see their work in a journal view or calendar view. All of a student's work from an archived class will show up in the Past Work section. Please note this data is view only and not editable.
Steps to download journal archives: Students logging in with email, Google sign-in, or Home Learning Codes can also download their work by following these steps: Tap your name at the top left corner > tap the gear icon > Account Settings > Download Journal Archives > select the archived class you wish to download.
Connected Family members can view and download a .zip file of their student's past work. This view does not include access to posts in classes the student is no longer enrolled in.
To view past work as a family:
- Sign in as a family member at https://app.seesaw.me
- Tap the Journals tab at the top.
- Tap the name of the student whose journal you want to view.
- Tap the journal of the class you want to view - you can even view journals from archived classes!
To download your student's journal:
If you want to download your student's journal from a class, tap your name at the top left corner > tap the gear icon > Account Settings > Download Journal Archives > select the archived class you wish to download.
Note: If a student is removed from a class during the school year and moved into a new class, the work from the original class will not show up in the new class journal. The family will also lose access to the class the child was removed from. However, this work is not deleted or disconnected from the student. It is accessible to Admin from the school dashboard and to teachers in Historic Portfolios.