Nothing gets families engaged with the classroom like seeing and hearing what their child is doing at school! Admins can invite student's family members to use Seesaw by following the below instructions:
- Sign in to your admin account and navigate to your school dashboard.
- Tap on the ‘Students’ tab.
- Tap the ‘... menu’ > ‘Download CSV of Current Student Accounts’
- Open the .csv to view which students have connected family members and find students who are missing family members. You can find this info by looking under the 'Connected Families' header: if there are email addresses and/or phone numbers listed, that student has connected family members; if the tab is blank, no one is connected to that student.
1. Sign in to your admin account and navigate to your school dashboard.
2. Tap on the ‘Families’ tab.
3. Tap ‘Add or Edit Families in Bulk.'
4. To add new family connections, tap 'Add NEW families.'
5. Fill out the .csv with the family member's email OR mobile number, AND the connected student ID or email.
6. Upload the .csv to Seesaw. Once it successfully uploads, families will receive an invitation (via text or email, depending on the data you provided) to view their students’ journals.
With Seesaw for Schools, Admin will also receive weekly analytics to see how often family members are viewing and engaging with their child’s journal.
Family members will remain connected to their child’s journal year to year. They only need to connect to their child’s journal once to access all of their child’s journals from any classes they are enrolled in for the duration of their time at your school.