Seesaw takes protecting your security and privacy seriously and we've put a number of measures in place to protect the integrity of your information.
- We have a robust set of Privacy Principles designed to clearly communicate our privacy promises to our teachers, parents and students.
- Seesaw uses SSL security at the network level to ensure all account information and journal content is transmitted securely.
- All passwords are salted and hashed using PBKDF2.
- Journal Content (e.g., the photos, video, audio, and other content you add to your Seesaw journal) is encrypted at rest.
- Account information is stored in highly secure, access-controlled data centers operated by industry leading partners with years of experience in large-scale data centers.
- All user information is stored redundantly and backed up in geographically distributed data centers. We utilize multiple distributed servers to ensure high levels of uptime and performance.
- We have adopted an internal data access policy that restricts access to personally identifiable information to a limited number of employees with a specific business need (such as for technical support).
- All employees undergo a background check before beginning employment at Seesaw, sign a nondisclosure agreement, and immediately lose access to all internal systems and data when terminated. No customer information is stored on individual employee computers.
- We routinely monitor our systems for security breaches and attempts at inappropriate access.
- We use encrypted QR codes for parent and student access to journal content.
- Seesaw has taken the Student Privacy Pledge.
- Seesaw complies with the EU - U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. Seesaw has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Privacy Principles of notice, choice, accountability for onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement and liability. You can learn more about the Privacy Shield program on their website, or view our certification page here.
For more information visit our Privacy Center.