Seesaw journals are private by default. No student content or information is ever shared without your explicit request.
Journals are only accessible to teachers via their account, students in the class, and a student's family members if the teacher chooses to invite them.
Parents are only able to access their own child's journal, not the journals of other students in the class.
If a parent is still concerned about their child's privacy, you can observe these guidelines for that child:
- Do not post group photos that include the child
- Do not tag the child in posts that include any other members of the class.
- Only invite the child's parents to view their journal, no not invite other family members
- Refrain from posting photos of the child, and instead focus on photos of their school work
- Do not post that child's work to the blog (if you have turned ON the blog for your class)
Teachers also have the option to disable social sharing for their class. Learn more.