Creating a Professional Development class can be helpful when training your teachers how to use Seesaw! We have created this step by step guide to walk you through adding a Professional Development class to your Seesaw for Schools account.
How to Create a Professional Development Class:
- Make a copy of the Seesaw for Schools PD Class Template
- Fill in columns A-C with your email address, first name, and last name.
- Click File → Download As → comma-separated values (CSV)
- Log in to your school dashboard
- Click Classes → Import Class Rosters → Select CSV from Computer
- Follow the prompts to finish uploading your Class
Adjust Class Settings: You may want to turn OFF settings like item approval, comment approval, etc. and turn ON 'Students' can see each others work', and student editing, so ideas can flow without approval each time.
From the school dashboard, click on the Classes tab, hover on the class name, then click Manage Class to change these Class settings.
Teachers can also use Sample Student in any of their classes to demo activities, try out adding posts to journals, and more!