Measures to support accessibility
Seesaw Learning Inc. takes the following measures to ensure the accessibility of Seesaw:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- Include people with disabilities and learning differences in our design personas, user research, and product/curriculum validation process.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Seesaw is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard. Exceptions to conformance are detailed below.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Seesaw. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Seesaw by submitting a contact form: https://help.seesaw.me/hc/en-us/requests/new . We respond to feedback within 5 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Seesaw is designed to be compatible with the following browsers and assistive technologies:
- Modern web browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari
- VoiceOver on iOS devices running iOS 13 or newer
- TalkBack on Android devices running Android 7 and newer
Accessibility of Seesaw relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Seesaw, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Seesaw:
User-generated photos, videos, and voice recordings. Images uploaded by users might not have text alternatives, videos might not have closed captions, audio recordings might not have text alternatives because we cannot require young students, many of whom are not able to read or write yet, to provide specific alternative text for their photos, closed captions for their videos or text alternatives for their voice recordings.
- Generic alt text is provided by Seesaw for all photos, videos, and voice recordings.
- We offer options for adult users to add additional accessibility supports, like alt text, text captions, and closed captions.
- The platform also supports adding multiple media types, so that users can upload content that is most accessible to their specific audience.
- Please review our Help Center documentation on how to add accessibility support or use our multimedia tools.
Seesaw Learning Inc. assessed the accessibility of Seesaw by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
An evaluation statement for Seesaw is available at: https://help.seesaw.me/hc/en-us/articles/360047206692-Accessibility-and-Seesaw.
Please contact us directly to file an accessibility complaint or suggest an improvement: https://help.seesaw.me/hc/en-us/requests/new. Our team will respond within 5 business days to triage your report and provide next steps.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Seesaw Learning Inc
Product and Curriculum Department
Lead Product Manager or Director of Curriculum