Teachers and students can add work created in Google apps like Docs, Slides or Sheets directly into Seesaw portfolios! There are two options:
- Link to Google Files: If you want students to be able to access Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Google Drawings, Google form, videos or other files in Google Drive, you can add a link to those files into a post, activity example or template or message. Just choose the "Link" option and paste in a link to the Google file. Students will need to be logged into their Google account to access the Google links or the file permissions need to be set to "anyone with the link can view".
- Upload Google Files: If you want students to annotate on top of a Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Google Drawings, you can upload to those files into a post, activity example or template or message. Just choose the "Upload" option, then choose Google Drive, then select the file. Seesaw will convert your file into a series of annotatable pages. Students will also able to access a link back to the original file as a PDF and in Google. Families will be able to view these files in their child’s journal even if they don’t have access to Google apps or access to Google drive.
Here's how to Upload a Google File:
- Tap the Green Add+ to add a new post, you can also add Google files as attachments to messages or activities.
- Tap 'Upload'.
- Tap 'Select from Google Drive'. You will need to sign in to your Google account before you can browse files in your Google Drive.
- Select a file. If the file can be added into Seesaw, the 'Select' button will turn blue.
You will be taken to the annotation screen. If you are adding a Photo, PDF, Google Doc, Google Slide or Google Sheet, you will have access to all of the annotation features including drawing, text labels, voice annotation tools, and captions.
- Free users can upload 1-20 pages of a Google item or PDF and add a voice or text caption.
- Premium users can upload 1-20 pages of a Google item or PDF and use all creative tools on all of the pages.
If you try to upload a file from Google Drive from the 'Select a File' option, you will only be able to add jpg, png or pdf files. But if you choose 'Select from Google Drive' instead, you can add all Docs, Slides, Sheets, Drawings, plus any photos you have stored in Google Drive!