Seesaw takes protecting your security and privacy seriously and we've put a number of measures in place to protect the integrity of your information.
- We have a robust set of Privacy Principles designed to clearly communicate our privacy promises to our teachers, families and students.
- Seesaw uses TLS 1.3 security at the network level to ensure account information and journal content is transmitted securely. Seesaw requires TLS 1.2 at a minimum; TLS 1.0 and 1.1 are not supported.
- Passwords are salted and hashed using PBKDF2.
- Seesaw routinely conducts 3rd party security audits to verify the security and integrity of our systems and internal controls.
- Data is stored in access-controlled data centers operated by industry leading partners with years of experience in large-scale data centers with 24/7 monitoring.
- User information is stored redundantly and backed up in geographically distributed data centers. We utilize multiple distributed servers to ensure high levels of uptime and to ensure that we can restore availability and access to personal data in a timely manner.
- We have adopted an internal data access policy that restricts access to personally identifiable information to a limited number of employees with a specific business need (such as for technical support).
- Employees undergo a background check before beginning employment at Seesaw, sign a nondisclosure agreement, and immediately lose access to all internal systems and data when terminated. No customer information is stored on individual employee computers.
- We routinely monitor our systems for security breaches and attempts at inappropriate access.
- We use encrypted QR codes for family and student access to journal content.
- Seesaw has taken the Student Privacy Pledge.
- Seesaw has signed the National Data Privacy Agreement.
- When transferring Personal Information outside of the EU, UK, or Switzerland we rely on standard contractual clauses ("SCCs"), one of the legally recognized transfer mechanisms by the ECJ. Our Data Processing Agreement contains the SCCs drafted by the European Commission, which outlines the collection, use, and retention of Personal Information from the European Union, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland transferred to the United States. To request SCCs for your school, please fill out this form.
For more information visit our Privacy Center.