There needs to be a complete system for grading that is seamless for the teacher.
Some suggestions to make Seesaw functional for grading:
- Give the teacher the ability to write/draw on a student's response to an activity without having to go in and edit the post. It should be so that the teacher can draw directly on it after clicking on it once.
- The way that Seesaw currently functions, after editing a post and writing their grade or marking their errors, it takes the teacher back to the main home page for the Seesaw class. There is no way to sugar coat how irritating and frustratingly tedious this makes grading assignments. I know the functionality exists to where after editing a post, it does not take you all the way back to the home page, because on the iPad it does not do this. This should be a simple fix.
- Give the teacher the ability to assign a grade to an assignment. It could be in the same area as the comment section.
- Provide the teacher with a spreadsheet or gradebook feature where we can see what grades we have assigned to each student for each activity.
- Give the teacher the ability to organize the gradebook for grading periods.
In the current iteration, Seesaw does not function effectively as a tool for graded assignments.