When reviewing a student's post, teachers can add a star rating to capture how the student did overall on the assignment. The star rating can be added to any student post.
💡 If you are new to using Progress, start here: How to manage, archive, and export Skills.
Assigning Star Ratings to Posts
- To add a star rating, tap the graduation cap icon at the bottom of a post.
- Next, tap the number of stars you want to assign.
Star ratings appear in the Progress tab.
These star ratings will not be visible to students or families, but a Progress Report can be shared with them at any time.
Share Progress from Progress Dashboard (Seesaw for Schools only)
From the Progress Dashboard, Teachers can message connected family members with a text copy of progress information pre-filled.
Note: if there are no connected family members, Teachers will be prompted to open the "Invite Families" page.
- Select a student from the Progress Dashboard.
- In the modal, tap Message to Family.
- A New Conversation will open with the message recipients and progress report summary pre-populated.