If you have a subscription to Seesaw for Schools your school administrator will need to TURN ON this feature. Please contact your school administrators (Principal, Technology Coordinator, etc.) directly. Please check out how Administrators can support remote learning here.
In order to access the Home Learning Codes for your class, please follow the instructions below:
1. Sign in as a teacher from the WEB and tap the wrench icon. Home Learning codes can only be generated from a computer.
2. Tap ‘Home Learning Student Codes’.
3. Print or Download codes to distribute to students. Each student will have a unique QR code and a 16-letter text code available as a PDF (one page per student) or CSV (by class or for all students taught by a teacher) that is valid for 90 days. Teachers can get a new code at any time.
4. You do not need to change your class sign in mode.
Once signed in, a student will stay signed in for up to one year until they sign out. If a student code is compromised, you can reset the code for the student or the entire class under the wrench icon>Home Learning Codes.
Students can sign in with Home Learning codes with the instructions below:
- If students are using tablet or phone devices for home learning, they will need to download the Seesaw Class App onto their device. If they already have the class app on a home device, they will need to UPDATE the app for home learning codes to work. Student can also access the latest version of Seesaw from any computer at app.seesaw.me
- Go to the Seesaw Class app or app.seesaw.me and select ‘I am a student’.
- Type in the 16 digit text code or scan the individualized QR code.
If students are already using their email addresses to sign into Seesaw, they can continue to do so from home. To ensure student work remains private at home, make sure to tap the wrench icon in your teacher account and toggle 'students can see each other's work' OFF. This way students can only access their own posts and are unable to look at other student work.