It’s a great idea to send a quick video or note to ‘everyone’ outlining expectations and rules for parent likes and comments the day you invite parents to Seesaw.
1. Send out an announcement to all Parents:
Announcements are a great way to reach all families or students in your class!
- To send an announcement, tap the Green Plus and select ‘Send an Announcement’.
- Under ‘Send to…’, select family members, students, or both.
- Type your announcement and tap ‘Send Now’.
- Tap ‘Inbox’ to see all of your messages and replies. This is also where you can privately message individual family members.
2. Use this opportunity to set expectations for parent behavior in Seesaw.
Here are a few suggestions to help with your first parent newsletter. Feel free to copy/paste these expectations:
Our Seesaw Tips
- Be constructive! Learning a new skill is hard and we need your help.
- Specific comments are best. Think about how you can add to the learning conversation.
- In a group or ‘everyone’ post, please remember your comment is shared with everyone tagged - students and their parents. This is a great opportunity to lift up the whole class!