Adding students to your class is easy! Just follow the instructions below based on the age of your students and the tech setup in your class.
If you've chosen Class Code Sign In (this was automatically selected for you if your class is Pre K-3), you will need to add your students to your class before your students use Seesaw. You will be prompted to add students in the flow of creating your class. If you have new students join your class, you can add them anytime by following these instructions:
- Tap your wrench icon (top right).
- Tap ‘Manage students’ and scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
3. Enter your student names one by one. If you want to bulk add students, tap ‘Paste list of student names’ and then tap the green check mark after you’re done entering your students’ names.
If your students are using Email/Google Accounts to sign in to Seesaw (this was automatically selected for you if your class is Grades 4+), you do NOT need to add students to your class list. Students will join your class themselves the first time they use Seesaw.
Get the Student Code for your class by signing in to Seesaw with your teacher account, tapping the wrench icon in the top right, and then tapping Student Code. Share this code with your students.
To join your class, students will:
- Open the Seesaw Class app or go to http://app.seesaw.me on a Chrome or Firefox browser.
- Tap 'I'm a Student'.
- Tap 'Email / Google Account'.
- Tap 'New Student'.
- Tap 'Create Email Account' or 'Use Google Account'.
- Type in the Student Code for your class.
Students only need to use the Student Code to join your class once. After they enter the Student Code the first time, they will stay connected to your class so they just need to sign in to Seesaw with their email address/Google Account to access your class.