Seesaw 1.5 is a big update that includes a number of teacher-requested features. Keep the feedback coming!
New Features Include:
- Folders: Now you can organize student work in to folders! You can set up colored folders for subject areas or learning objectives, and choose whether students self select folders when adding items or teachers do it as part of item approval. Folders are visible to teachers, students and parents. You can browse work by folder across your class or for a particular student. Watch this overview video to learn more.
- Teacher Flag: Teachers (and co-teachers) can flag items to review later -- at a parent teacher conference, with a student, or however you'd like. Which items have been flagged are only visible to class teachers and co-teachers. Watch this overview video to learn more.
- PDF Documents: Now you can add PDFs to Seesaw journals! You can import PDFs from many other iOS apps (like Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Google Drive) using the iOS share extension / open in feature. Just tap share in those apps and select Seesaw. Watch the video to see how to add a PDF into Seesaw. For more information on how to enable the iOS 8 Seesaw share extension check out this video.
- Tag Everyone: Want to add a class photo to Seesaw journals, or send a quick note to all parents in your class? Now you can add an item to all student journals with a single tap.
- Approve Parents on iOS: Now you can approve pending parent requests in the iOS app.
- Invite Co-teachers on iOS: Give access to your class to a co-teacher or other staff member directly from the iOS app.
- Reorganized Class Settings: We reorganized the "Manage Class" screen to make settings easier to find and understand.
- New Account Flow: To help teachers get started using Seesaw successfully, we revamped the Create Account flow.
As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!