Our goal with Seesaw is to help you easily keep parents in the loop and engaged in your classroom. Here are a few reasons why you should consider inviting parents to subscribe to their child's Seesaw Journal.
1. Personalized communication with parents
- Parents only get updates for their child and can only view their child’s journal
- More frequent updates make it easier to catch problem areas and encourage strengths
- Student-led updates spark deeper conversations at home
- Option to allow parents to like and comment on items
2. Easy-to-digest iOS or Android app notifications connect with busy parents
- Parents receive automatic notifications via iOS and Android apps, SMS text message or email when new items are added - no extra work for teachers!
- Parents are checking their phones multiple times a day already. With Seesaw you can reach them where they already are!
3. Visual updates engage parents better and cross language barriers
- Short, visual updates are easier to digest and more likely to be viewed
- Parents can easily access their child's journal anytime via iOS app, Android app or on the web
4. Secure and private
- Student content in Seesaw is only accessible by teacher, student and approved parents. It isn't public on the web and never shared with third parties
- Parents only get updates for their child and can only access their child's work
5. Painless parent invite process
- Unique QR code handouts for each student make it easy for parents to sign up
- Single class email link + parent approval step means you don't need type in 50+ email addresses