Most schools can get going with Seesaw immediately, but if you have network filters or SPAM filters in place there are a few things to watch out for:
- Ask your tech team to whitelist *.seesaw.me (in other words, all domains that end with seesaw.me) and make sure port 443 (SSL) is open. If you can login as a teacher, add an item, and browse your class journal you are good to go.
- For security, Seesaw exclusively uses SSL / HTTPS. Some network filters that "inspect" traffic don't like secure connections, so you may have to turn off scanning for traffic to *.seesaw.me.
- Please also add *@seesaw.me to your email whitelist so you can receive emails from Seesaw about your class. All notification emails come from IP Addresses: 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168
If you don't have network filters in place or have already whitelisted *.seesaw.me, please use our Network Diagnostic tool to send us a report.
- Log out of Seesaw
- On the app sign in screen, press down on the word "Seesaw" (in the script font) for 5 seconds. This will pop up a network diagnostic tool.
- Tap "Network Diagnostics" and then email us the report it creates. Hopefully we can use this info to help you out.
Are you located in Australia? Check out this article for more Australia-specific network information.