You can easily create and share activities for your students to complete in Seesaw on any device: Chromebooks, Android, iOS, and the web. Get inspired with grade-level specific activities from our library, or create your own!
- Tap the green add button, then select 'Create New Activity'.
- Tap 'Create New Activity' to make a new activity. You can also select or customize an activity from the Seesaw Library.
- Fill in details of the activity: activity name, student instructions (can include examples and voice instructions), an optional student template, and the student(s) tagged to the activity. Tap 'More Options' to add teacher notes. You can also add Skills or publish to the School library with our paid product, Seesaw for Schools.
- Tap 'Save' to save the activity to your library.
- Once the activity is saved, tap 'Share' to select the class(es) where you would like to publish the Activity. You can also tap ‘edit students’ to assign the activity to individual students within a class. Then, tap ‘share with classes’. All activities will appear in the Activities tab in Seesaw. Students will tap the Activities tab to see new activities.
All student responses will be stored with their name under the activity. As a teacher, you can see who has responded to an activity by tapping the response banner. Family members will only see their child's response to an activity.
- Tap 'Browse Activity Library' in Activities tab.
- Tap on a collection or activity to view the student instructions and teacher notes. Then, tap the heart icon to save the activity to your personal library. You can browse the Activity Library by grade and/or subject area.
3. Tap 'Share' to publish the activity as is, or tap [...] below the post, then tap ‘copy and edit activity’ to customize the activity.
Share these instructions with your students!
1. Tap the Activities tab.
2. Tap 'Waiting for Response', then tap the green add button.
3. Select a Creative Tool for the activity. Students can listen to an audio recording of instructions in this view, as well as during creation and editing of the activity.
4. Create the post, then tap the green check.
5. Edit the post to add voice recordings, drawings, text labels, or captions. Tap the green check.
Student responses to activities will appear in the student journal. Teachers can also access all student responses from the Activities tab. Families will be able to see student activity responses from their child only.