👤 Audience: Seesaw for Schools Teachers
Teachers can use Skills to see student progress towards goals in real time. Teachers tag activities or students posts with skills and then assign a star rating. Seesaw for Schools teachers may already have Skills uploaded by your Admin.
New to Skills? Get started with our Skills overview!
Adding Skills is where teachers or admins create and customize the Skills that will be used across classes.
1. Tap the wrench icon.
2. In Class Settings, go to Progress > Manage Skills.
3. Tap New Skill.
4. Enter the necessary fields. The only required fields are a name and Quick Code. Quick Codes are used to align state/school standards, but you may use whatever form of assessment you choose.
You can also add new Skills by tapping the graduation cap icon below any post, then tapping New Skill.
Tagging Skills is where teachers associate a Skill with an Activity or Post so that student progress can be tracked.
💡While Skills can be added at any time, the best practice is to tag Skills when assigning Activities.
1. In Assign Activity > Skills, tap Choose.
2. Select one or more Skills to tag to the Activity.
3. You can search for skills by name or grade level.
4. Tagged Skills will be visible at the bottom of each post. When students respond to an activity, their posts will be tagged to the Skill automatically.
5. Once the post is tagged with a student rating, you can view student progress in the Skills View.
1. Tap the graduation cap icon on any post.
2. Select a Skill(s) from the list or Search for Skills. You can tag up to 10 Skills per post.
3. Choose from a star rating for each Skill tagged on the post. Your rating will be out of 3, 4, 5, or 6 stars, depending on your class (or school) settings.
4. Tap the green Check to finish tagging the post.
5. Tagged Skills will be visible at the bottom of each post. When students respond to an activity, their posts will be tagged to the Skill automatically.
6. Once the post is tagged with a student rating, you can view student progress in the Skills View.